CowTrip, owned by
values the privacy of our users
and makes all commercially
reasonable efforts to protect it.
Please read the following to learn more about what information we collect, what we do with that information, and how we may use your personal information.
Information Collection and Use
The primary reason that we collect certain personal information is to provide the best possible level of customer service. It enables us to deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers, as well as provide convenient and personalized user access and improve the features and usability of our products. Unregistered users may still be able to use certain CowTrip web sites and services, in which case no personal information is collected.
CowTrip may collect information and use it for internal business purposes in a number of situations, which may include:
- Personal information, such as name, e-mail address, and contact preferences;
- Demographic information, such as your occupation and where you use your computer and mobile devices to improve our understanding of our customer needs;
- Tracking information about your visit from the browser or CowTrip application on your computer or mobile device, including IP address, cookies, and the pages you request to analyze trends, administer the site, track your navigation of the site, deliver relevant advertisements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to "personally identifiable information"); and
- Aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals, such as geographic region, which we may share with our partners' business to improve understanding of customer needs and provide relevant services.
You may elect to terminate your participation in the services at any time and/or delete information and material you have entered in CowTrip. If you cancel your account or delete any CowTrip content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the service. However, there may continue to be residual copies of such information due to the nature of the computer system's operation and ongoing data back-up and archiving.
Certain portions of the CowTrip web sites and services are open to any online viewer, such as lists designated as "public." Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected, and used by anyone, and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. CowTrip enables you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of our site, and so, you should carefully consider how you use the services. CowTrip is not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations.
Information Disclosure to Third Parties
- We have your explicit consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request;
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use, or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations; or
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons or property.
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use CowTrip products or services that require you to sign in or take advantage of all the features of CowTrip.
CowTrip may allow third party business partners that display advertisements on some of our web pages to maintain their own cookies on your computer. These business partners do not have access to CowTrip's cookies and their use is subject to their own privacy policies.
You own the data you put into CowTrip. By putting your information into CowTrip, you do not grant CowTrip any special rights with regard to that information.
CowTrip is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot give a 100% guarantee of the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your CowTrip password is protected by encryption and only you have access to it;
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. As a rule, CowTrip employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the CowTrip service, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms of Service may have been violated and confirmation is required, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it; and
If CowTrip learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to team AT cowtrip.com.
CowTrip complies with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age.
CowTrip is not currently directed to children. We will not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under 13 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
Personal information collected on this web site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which CowTrip maintains facilities, and by using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Changes and Updates
If CowTrip should ever sell its assets, merge with another entity, or file for bankruptcy, information collected from this web site and in the operation of the services may be transferred as assets of CowTrip.
Effective Date: May 1, 2012